The Ōtautahi Community Housing Trust provides social and affordable housing in Christchurch for people who need help with accommodation. We are the largest social housing provider in the South Island, and provide safe and secure flats and small houses to qualifying residents in neighbourhoods throughout Christchurch city and suburbs.
At Ōtautahi Community Housing Trust, tenants are at the centre
Our focus is on our tenants, they are at the centre of everything we do. Our main goals are to:
- place you in the right house in the right community
- help you find housing that fits your budget
- work with you and other organisations to sustain your tenancy
- link you to services and recreational activities to enhance your well-being
Respect and honesty
Our team is here to help you at every point, and we will always be professional, polite, and responsive, regardless of who you are or what your current circumstances might be. It also means we’ll always do our best to:
- return your calls as soon as possible within our regular office hours
- process out-of-hours calls to be followed up on the next day
- respond to maintenance issues in a timely way
Looking to the future
We will always be looking for ways to make things better for you and for Christchurch communities. We welcome your feedback and ideas – watch this space for more ideas on how we will engage with our tenants.